The SW-centered University Project Team of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (AI Education Institute) operates an "AI/SW Start-up Project Team Support Program" to support students' start-up activities. We encourage interested students to apply for this program.
Ⅰ. Program overview
- Name of program : AI/SW Startup Project Team Support Program
- About Program
- SW start-up (Information and Communication Technology, software-related)
- General start-up (Manufacturing, distribution, trade, retail, etc.) ※ Participation of companies currently in business is possible (however, participation in the start-up program is required).
- Eligibility: Any current student of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, regardless of major (as of the first semester of 2023). However, teams with at least one student majoring in SW-related fields will be given priority.
A. Activity period: March 2023 to June 2023 B. Team composition: Consists of 2 to 5 undergraduate students C. Number of selected teams: Approximately 13 teams (10 teams for SW start-ups, 3 teams for general startt-ups) D. Recruitment fields:
※ SW-related majors: Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering, GBT Major, ELLT Department, AI Convergence Major, Data Science Major, Bio Data Science Major, ICT&AI Submodule
※ Students on leave of absence or those who are waiting to graduate (graduates) are not eligible to participate in this program.
※ Extra semesters students (9 or more semesters) can participate in the program but will not be eligible for scholarships.
A. Scholarship of 1 million won per team
However, it is only applicable to teams that have submitted a business registration certificate for the current year (2023 startup). The business registration certificate must be submitted by June 2nd (Friday). The scholarship will be paid at the end of the semester based on the final report evaluation.
B. Qualification for all selected team students to take Triz Level1 course
C. Assigned mentor professor for team activities
D. Start-up activation through regular counseling and free activities
E. Provision of meeting space (Global Campus Engineering Building) and MacBook rental support if necessary.
III. Application and Selection
- Application Period: Until Wednesday, March 15th ~ Tuesday, March 21st
- Application Method:
- Selection method: selection based on activity plan submitted in the application documents
- Selection announcement: Individual notification in mid-March 2023. Individual notification at the end of March 2023 (scheduled for March 24th)
a. Submit application form and activity plan (both in Korean and PDF format).
b. Submission Method: Submit via email to the SW Center for University Business (email@example.com).
※ Download the attached file for the application form and activity plan format.
※ Email and application form file title: 창업프로젝트_학과_학번_성명(대표) (Entrepreneurship Project_Department_Student ID_Name(Representative))
- Selected individuals must respond sincerely to requests from the SW Center, such as submitting materials, inspections, and evaluations.
- Selected individuals must participate sincerely in various startup-related programs conducted by the SW Center.
- If a selected individual drops out or fails to submit related documents during the program, they may be excluded from future SW Center programs.
- Program participation is not available to students on leave of absence or pending graduates (completion students).
- Applicants may not be selected if they do not meet the criteria stated in the application.
- Inquiries: AI Education Center Operations Team (031-330-4190)